- 175 gram semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 50 gram finely shredded coconut
- 225 gram cream cheese
- 1/2 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 275 gram confectioners' sugar
- 12 purchased chocolate cookies (such as Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 12 large Driscoll's strawberries
- 24 Driscoll's blueberries
- 24 mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 mini white chocolate chips
30 min | 12 pieces | christmas | snacking | dessert | kid favorites
1. Place confectioners’ sugar into a medium bowl.
2. Add cream cheese and vanilla.
3. Mix with electric hand mixer to create thick frosting and add more confectioners’ sugar as needed to adjust thickness.
4. Transfer frosting to piping bag fitted with a large round tip.
5. Alternatively, use zip-lock bag and snip off one corner to create disposable piping bag.
6. Refrigerate frosting 10 - 15 minutes or until firm.
7. Slice green tops from strawberries.
8. Hollow out center of berries carefully with a pairing knife.
9. Slice off top 1/3 from tip of berries and reserve tips to make santa’s hats.
10. Place cookies in single layer on serving platter or place on individual dessert plates.
11. Place chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl.
12. Heat chocolate chips in microwave on low power for 5-10 seconds.
13. Stir chocolate chips.
14. Repeat heating and stirring in short increments until chocolate is melted and completely smooth.
15. Dip wide base of one strawberry into melted chocolate.
16. Place dipped end of strawberry onto one cookie to make santa’s body.
17. Dip two blueberries half way into melted chocolate.
18. Place dipped blueberries onto cookie to form santa's boots.
19. Pipe large dollop of frosting on top of body to make santa’s head.
20. Pipe small dollop of frosting onto front of head to make santa’s beard.
21. Press one pinch of coconut into beard.
22. Press one mini white chocolate chip into face to make santa’s nose.
23. Press two mini semi-sweet chocolate chips into face to make santa’s eyes.
24. Pipe frosting around base of one strawberry tip to make trim for santa’s hat.
25. Press pinches of coconut into hat trim.
26. Place hat onto santa’s head.
27. Pipe a tiny dollop of frosting on top of hat.
28. Sprinkle hat with coconut.
29. Use toothpick to clean up decoration details as needed.
30. Chill strawberry santa in refrigerator.
31. Repeat steps with remaining ingredients to make 12 strawberry santas.
Serve immediately or keep chilled in refrigerator until ready to serve.