Raspberry Smokey Chicken Salad
- 3 lean boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds), butterflied
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 75g plus 3 tablespoons (for garnish) salted cashews, chopped and divided (optional)
- 100g Driscoll's Raspberries, halved
- 20g baby arugula
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 750ml water
- 1l chicken stock
- 170g low fat mayonnaise
- 65g 2% Greek yoghurt
- Juice of half of a lemon
- Dash of hot sauce
- 8-12 large lettuce leaves
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, greens and whites sliced, roots reserved and divided
- 1,2cm piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro and dill, mixed
60 min. | 4 portions | lunch | dinner
In a small oven, heat water and chicken stock gently over medium-low heat. Season stock lightly with salt, scallion roots and ginger slices. Add chicken breasts and poach slowly, turning once during cooking, about 35 to 40 minutes. Remove chicken and cool on a cutting board. When cool, shred chicken into chunks. Do not over shred.
In the bowl of a food processor, place mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, chipotle, lemon zest and lemon juice. Pulse to combine ingredients. Pour out into a large bowl. Season mixture hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Fold in herbs. Fold in 1/2 of the cashews (optional), scallions, raspberries and shredded chicken. Do not over fold.
To build the sandwich, place one piece of lettuce on a plate. Spoon ½ of the chicken salad into the cup. Top with arugula and tomatoes. Sprinkle remaining cashews on top. Top with other half of the lettuce.