Raspberry and Blueberry Banana Bread
- 1 Cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup ground flaxseeds (flaxseed meal)
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 Tsp. salt
- 1 Package Driscoll's Raspberries
- 1 Package Driscoll's Blueberries
- 1 Cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 150 gram packed brown sugar
- 60 gram melted butter
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
75 minutes, incl cooling | 12 servings | snacking
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
Mix whole wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, flaxseeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons flour mixture and toss with raspberries and cranberries in a separate bowl. Stir together bananas, brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in a separate large bowl. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring just until combined. Gently fold in raspberries and cranberries until evenly blended. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake about 1 hour, or until browned and a pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.