Chicken kebabs with a fresh twist
- 400g Driscoll's strawberries
- 125g Driscoll's raspberries
- 125g Driscoll's blackberries
- 125g Driscoll's blueberries
- 4 chicken fillets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 wooden skewers
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 finely chopped shallots
- 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons of paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 2 cups espresso
- 100 ml cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ounce of chopped coriander
- 1 finely chopped red onion
60 min | 8 servings | barbecue | summer | average
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan.
- Add the shallots and soften until translucent.
- Add the garlic, chilli powder, paprika powder and cumin and stir.
- Mix in the coffee and leave to boil until reduced by half.
- Add the fruit and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now add the vinegar, soy sauce and sugar then take off the heat.
- Mix with a stick blender to a smooth paste.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill or BBQ.
- Cut up each chicken fillet into 6 to 8 slices.
- Thread the slices onto the wooden skewers.
- Lay them on the grill or BBQ until they are almost cooked on both sides.
- Brush the kebabs with the paste and roast a little longer.
- Pour the rest of the sauce in a small bowl and scatter the coriander and red onion on top.