Strawberry Basil Eton Mess
- 400 gram Driscoll’s Strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 155 gram plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 180 gram heavy cream
- 1 Tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 10 gram basil, chiffonade*
- 16 purchased mini meringues, crumbled
- *Stack basil leaves, roll them tightly, then slice into long thin strips by cutting horizontally
10 min + 30 min | 4 servings | dessert | summer
Place the strawberries into a large bowl.
Add 155 gram sugar and juice and zest of 1 lemon.
Stir strawberry mixture to coat strawberries.
Allow to rest for about 30 minutes or until syrup has developed.
Pour 180 gram heavy cream into a quart-sized mason jar.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Seal jar tightly with lid.
Shake jar vigorously for about 2 minutes, or until cream thickens and is lightly whipped.
Stir 10 gram basil into strawberry mixture.
Divide cream mixture between 4 pint-sized glass jars.
Divide meringue crumbles between jars.
Divide strawberry mixture between jars.
Chill in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.