Dark Chocolate Blueberry Ice Cream
- 360 ml of heavy cream
- 340 grams of Driscoll's Blueberries
- 200 grams of sugar
- 1/8 Tsp. salt
- 240 ml of whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 85 grams of bar dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks (or 80 grams of of mini semi-sweet morsels)
- 480 ml of heavy cream
- 310 grams of dark chocolate chips or bar chopped into small pieces
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
20 min + chilling and freezing | 9 | birthday party | summer
Dark Chocolate Sauce
Bring 480 ml cream to a boil. Remove from heat and add 310 grams chocolate and corn syrup. Let sit until chocolate melts, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir until smooth. For warm ice cream topping, allow sauce to cool 10 minutes before serving. Otherwise, allow sauce to cool to room temperature.
Mix blueberries, 200 grams of sugar, and salt in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 20 minutes. Puree in a blender. Stir puree together with 360 ml heavy cream, 240 ml of milk and lemon juice. Chill in refrigerator overnight. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Swirl in 850 grams of dark chocolate by pouring small chunks into machine during last 5 minutes of freezing.