Perfect Blackberry Pie Recipe
- 3 x 170 gram Driscoll's Blackberries
- 200 gram sugar
- 30 gram quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 Tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/8 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 Package purchased pie crust (2 rounds of dough)
15 min + 45 min | 8 | mothers day | snacking | autumn
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place blackberries into a large bowl.
- Add sugar, tapioca, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Set Aside blackberry filling.
- Ease 1 sheet of pie dough into a 23 cm glass dish pie dish and press dough gently into bottom and along sides.
- Fill pie dish with blackberry filling.
- Scatter 2 teaspoons butter on top of filling.
- Center remaining pie crust dough over blackberry filling.
- Cut a few small slits decoratively into center of pie crust dough.
- Pinch overhanging edges together.
- Roll edges under and crimp with thumb and forefinger to seal dough around edge of dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until juices bubble and crust is golden.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving or serve at room temperature.