Blackberry & coconut muffins
- 2 packages of Driscoll's blackberries (4½ ounces/125 gram)
- 1 pound/450 gram of plain flour
- 5 ounces/150 gram of butter
- 9 ounces/250 gram of shredded coconut
- 1 lemon
- 125 ml coconut liqueur
- 250g sugar
- 125 ml whipping cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
45 min | 12 servings | dessert | average
- Keep 12 blackberries separate to put on top of the muffins.
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C.
- Brush the muffin tin with oil.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Mix the shredded coconut and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter, the coconut liqueur, lemon zest and juice and cream.
- Halve the vanilla rod length wise, scrape out the seeds and add these to the bowl.
- Mix everything well.
- Put flour, baking powder and salt in a different large bowl.
- Slowly add the coconut mixture while stirring.
- Mix together thoroughly
- Fold the blackberries through the mixture
- Using two spoons, fill the muffin tin with the coconut mixture right up to the edge.
- Gently push a blackberry in the middle of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes until they are golden brown and cooked in the middle.